Information » Law & Rights » Victims of Crime
- Being a victim of any type of crime is a very distressing and possibly horrifying experience
- There are any number of different types of crime that you could have been a victim of, a few of which are domestic violence, discrimination, theft, stalking and rape
- Whatever the crime that has taken place against you, the effects can be long lasting and emotional; feelings can include shock, anger, fear, guilt and loss of confidence
- The good news is that there is a lot of professional help available in a variety of forms
- So it is really important to seek out help if you are the victim of any type of crime and the help and support will also be extremely valuable if you have to go to court as a witness
- It is also important that you look after your personal safety so that you reduce the opportunities that could lead you to become a crime victim.