Eddie's Kitchen: Sausage Casserole
Okay guys and girls this is a quick recipe to tide you over until I put up my next one which will be grilled fish with a Thai sweet chilli, ginger and coriander sauce.
So, what will you need for your sausage casserole?
- 6 butcher's sausages
- 2 large carrots
- 1 medium onion
- 1 cup of frozen peas
- 1 litre of stock (beef, chicken or vegetable)
- 2 medium potatoes (optional)
- A little cooking oil
- In a large, deep frying pan, add a little cooking oil and your sausages, turning often until fully cooked
- Remove sausages and allow to drain on a bit of kitchen paper
- In your frying pan add sliced onion, diced carrots and your peas with a quarter of the stock (if you are using potatoes, dice them up and add as well).
- Bring to the boil and then simmer and reduce
- Add a little more stock until all of your stock has been added and has started to thicken (approximately 10-15 minutes)
- Cut up your sausages into bite-sized chunks, and add to your casserole dish
- Add your stock and veg mix
- Stir well and put into the oven (gas mark 5 for 30 minutes)
After it is all cooked, serve up and enjoy!