Fancy Visiting Mongolia?
Would you like to spend time in a part of the world most people never get to?
They are looking for young people between the ages of 16 and 25 from the Swansea, Aberystwyth, Machynlleth, North Meirionnydd and Dwyfor areas to take part in this exciting project.
You will work with existing WYFSD members and staff to make the project happen, including:
- Forming and developing relationships with partners in Mongolia
- Planning the journey to and from Mongolia
- Receiving extensive training in peer education, facilitation skills, and an
understanding of the impact of climate change on Mongolia
- Preparing the work to be carried out in Mongolia
- Researching the culture, language and environment of Mongolia
- Publicising the project in the UK
- Sharing your experiences with your peers through workshops, film-making,
and other reporting techniques of your choice
The trip will last for approximately one month, including approximately ten days travel each way and ten days in Mongolia, and will take place in September.
Expenses will be paid by the WYFSD, however some fundraising will be required, which will be organised with the support of youth workers.
An initial meeting about the project will take place on Saturday 15 January between 11am and 3pm in mid Wales (exact location to be confirmed soon). Accommodation will be available on the Friday night if required.
This project seeks to engage young people from all backgrounds and provide opportunities for young people not in education, employment or training.
Please let the WYFSD know as soon as possible if you are interested in being a part of this project.
Contact Anna Bullen by calling 01970 871073 or 07976918270, or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org